24 January 2014

101 in 1001


Here we go! My first 101 in 1001 list inspired by Design Darling. I'm incredibly excited to have set these goals for myself and hope to achieve as many as possible by the end date. Let's do work!

Begins February 1, 2014

Ends October 26, 2016


Personal (1/20)

1. Reconnect with my favorite high school teacher.
2. Go one month without ordering takeout or going out to dinner.
3. Go one month without shopping.
4. Volunteer for a cause I'm passionate about.
5. Read five biographies.
6. Read five classics (Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Austen, etc.)
7. Read at least 40 new books total.
8. Start collecting coffee table books.
9. See 5 concerts (Coldplay is top on the list)
10. Go to bed at 10 p.m. every night for two weeks.
11. Unplug completely for 24 hours.
12. Learn how to tie a tie.
13. Sign up for Jazzercise and go regularly!
14. Read for thirty minutes every night for one month.
15. Donate blood.
16. Have a quiet time every morning.
17. Find a church here in Memphis that I love.
18. Take more pictures!
19. Come up with 101 things! 1/24/2014
20. Live in an apartment or house.
21. Hone my personal style.
22. Organize my iTunes (getting rid of old music and finding new artists I like0
23. Have a group of girls in YL by the end of the semester.
24. Get a facial.
25. Invest in a great pair of jeans.

Educational/Professional (0/17)

26. Upgrade to the iPhone 5, by buying it myself.
27. Open up a savings account and actually put money in it.
28. Design my blog how ever I would like.
29. Blog regularly.
30. Take personal fashion photos with a nice camera (no iPhones).
31. Complete a successful internship.
32. Start my first real job (no camp).
33. Publish three "how to" posts.
34. Graduate from college with honors in Art History.
35. Take an online calligraphy course.
36. Start taking adult painting classes.
37. Get A's in all my major classes this semester.
38. Finish a 6,000 word research paper.
39. Become a full time employee.
40. Establish a weekly signature blog post.
41. Write thank-you note to every person that has impacted me at Rhodes.
42. Save $10 for every goal accomplished.

Family & Friends (0/10)

43. Write a letter or note every single day during Lent to people I love.
44. Buy a piece of art for my mom just because.
45. Buy a book for my dad just because.
46. Call my grandmother every week for a month.
47. Call all of my camp friends individually and see what they're up to.
48. Call my cousin every day after school for a week.
49. Have a member of my family teach me how to drive a manual car.
50. Throw a party on my own for my friends.
51. Take my parents out to a nice dinner to say thank you for all they've done.
52. Take a sibling trip with my sister and brother.

Memphis (0/16)

53. Try twenty new restaurants in Memphis.
54. Meet and have lunch with another blogger in the Memphis area.
55. Create a "Top 10 Things to do in Memphis" list.
56. Have a picnic on Mud Island with my best friends.
57. Bike to Shelby Farms.
58. Try every single BBQ restaurant in the city.
59. See a show at Minglewood.
60. Go to Beale Street!
61. Go to Graceland.
62. Go to the Memphis Flea Market.
63. Attend a symphony in Memphis.
64. Live and work in Memphis for a summer.
65. Have my mom, dad, brother, and sister in Memphis at 1 time.
66. Eat at Flight.
67. Watch sunset on Mud Island.
68. Take pictures around Rhodes on a sunny day.

Travel (0/14)

69. Travel to a new state (CA, MA, and AZ are in the running).
70. Travel to a new country (Italy...a lofty goal.)
71. Go to Gulf Shores with my family and do what we did as kids.
72. Visit my sister in Columbia, SC.
73. Go to Virginia and see my brother.
74. Visit New Orleans to see Allie.
75. Visit Hannah in Arkansas.
76. Take a trip with my best friends.
77. See Louise not at camp or in Spartanburg.
78. Take a trip with just my mom.
77. Go camping with my dad.
78. Go to Washington, D.C. for the first time.
79. Spend a weekend in Atlanta and figure out if I want to live there.
80. Return to my favorite country: United Kingdom.
81. Visit Hillary in Nashville and have her show me the city.
82. Make it to NYC in the summer.

Just for fun (0/19)

83. Join a book club.
84. Staff a Happening weekend.
85. Have my makeup professionally done.
86. Go to an Alabama game.
87. Go to an Auburn game.
88. Take a dance lesson or 2.
89. Learn to French braid (again).
90. Watch Gone with the Wind.
91. Go antiquing in Alabama.
92. Watch all the Star Wars again.
93. Get portraits done for professional use.
94. Find a skincare regimen that works for me.
95. Find makeup that works for me.
96. Throw a surprise party for someone I love.
97. Find my signature scent.
98. Make 10 craft I find off Pinterest.
99. Buy an ENO hammock and hang it up around campus.
100. Acquire a Kate Spade Wallet.
101. Take a cooking class at Sur la Table.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Brewster's pin on Pinterest.