Here we go! My first 101 in 1001 list inspired by Design Darling. I'm incredibly excited to have set these goals for myself and hope to achieve as many as possible by the end date. Let's do work!
Begins February 1, 2014
Ends October 26, 2016
1. Reconnect with my favorite high school teacher.
2. Go one month without ordering takeout or going out to dinner.
Go one month without shopping. Lent this year!
Volunteer at the Brooks Museum. Creation Station on 2/8
5. Read five biographies (Mindy Kaling's, Lauren Graham's).
6. Read five classics (Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Austen, etc.)
ead at least 30 new books total (Dead Until Dark, The Fault in Our Stars, The Imperfectionists, Gone Girl, The Paris Wife, Graceful by Emily Freeman, Bridges of Madison County, Me before You, In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume, All the Light We Cannot See - definitely made well above this goal but too many too count!)
Start collecting coffee table books (Kate Spade The Things We Love, Travel Colorfully, Alexa Chung It)
See 5 concerts (California Honeydrops, Saint Paul and the Broken Bones, Star & Micey, Ben Rector, Moon River Fest)
Go to bed at 10 p.m. every night for two weeks.
11. Unplug completely for 24 hours.
12. Learn how to tie a tie and a bow tie.
Go to Jazzercise! (completed 2/18/14)
Read for thirty minutes every night for one month. (January-March 2016)
15. Donate blood.
Have a quiet time every morning for 21 days. (I haven't gone 21 days straight but I've figured out what works for me and started doing this regularly).
18. Take outfit pictures everyday for a week.
Come up with 101 things! 1/24/2014
Live in an apartment or house. (Forrest Avenue)
21. Create a capsule wardrobe.
22. Organize my iTunes and
Have a group of girls in YL by the end of the semester.
24. Get a facial.
Invest in a great pair of jeans. (Pilcro and Paige from Anthro)
Upgrade my phone.
Open up a savings account and actually put money in it. (June 2014)
28. Custom design my blog.
Blog regularly for 3 months.
30. Take personal fashion photos with a DSLR camera.
Complete a successful internship. (8/8/14 at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens)
Start my first real job (no camp).
33. Publish three "how to" posts.
Graduate from college with a degree in Art History.
Take a calligraphy course. (At MCA, completed 4/23/15)
36. Take an adult painting classes.
Get A's in all my major classes this semester.
Finish a 6,000 word research paper.
Become a full time employee. (WP in Nashville)
40. Establish a weekly signature blog post.
Write thank-you note to every person that has impacted me at Rhodes.
For every pay check I receive, put some money into savings.
Family & Friends (1/10)
Write a letter or note to people I love for Valentine's Day.
Buy a piece of art for my mom. (didn't buy but made a piece of art!)
Buy a book or piece of art for my dad. (didn't buy but made a piece of art!)
Call my grandmother every week for a month. (this was a lofty goal and I haven't done it every week but I call her more regularly and visit her every time I go home).
47. Reconnect with camp friends.
48. Call my cousin once a week for a month.
49. Learn how to drive a manual car.
Throw a dinner party. (23rd birthday party - more of a dessert and drinks party but still counts).
51. Take my parents out to a nice dinner to say thank you for all they've done.
52. Take a sibling trip with my sister and brother.
53. Try twenty new restaurants in Memphis.
Fuel Cafe, Tamp & Tap, Brother Junipers, Hog and Hominy,, The Second Line, Beauty Shop, Mulan, Bon Thai, Cafe Keough, Belly Acres, Sweet Grass)
Go to Raiford's. (Senior week)
Have a picnic on Mud Island with my best friends. (With Lydia on her visit in July 2014)
57. Bike on the Greenline.
58. Try every single BBQ restaurant in the city (
Central, The Barbeque Shop, Tops, Rendevous, Corky's, Germantown Commissary).
See a show at Minglewood.
Go to Beale Street!
61. Go to Graceland.
62. Go to the Memphis Flea Market.
Go to a show at the Orpheum. (Nutcracker, 12/14).
Live and work in Memphis for a summer.
Have my mom, dad, brother, and sister in Memphis at 1 time.(Rhodes graduation).
Tennessee Brewery Untapped & find my new favorite beer.(High Cotton Scottish Ale!)
Watch the sunset on Mud Island.
Take pictures around Rhodes. (I'm counting graduation).
Travel to a new state (CA, MA, and AZ are in the running. Now LA, NH, & RI).
70. Travel to a new country (Italy...a lofty goal.)
71. Go to Gulf Shores with my family.
Visit my sister in Columbia, SC. 3/8-12/14
Go to Virginia and see my brother.
Visit New Orleans. (Beyonce and Jay Z concert with Hillary 7/20/14).
Visit Nashville to see Hillary & Alice Broughton. (Eeek - I now LIVE here).
Take a trip with my best friends.
ee Louise, not at camp or in Spartanburg.
78. Take a trip with just my mom.
77. Go camping with my dad.
78. Travel to Washington, D.C.
79. Spend a weekend in Charleston.
80. Return to the United Kingdom.
Visit Hillary in Nashville and have her show me the city. 3/14-16/14
82.Travel to NYC in the summer.
Just for fun (7/19)
Join a book club. (Emily Shirer and I started one).
Staff a Happening weekend. (Nov. 7-9th 2014 St. Mary's Birmingham).
Have my makeup professionally done.
Go to an Alabama game.(vs. Texas A&M Fall 2014. Score: 60-0. Roll tide.)
87. Go to an Auburn game.
88. Take a dance lesson.
89. Learn to French braid (again).
90. Watch Gone with the Wind.
91. Go antiquing in Alabama.
92. Watch all the Star Wars.
93. Get portraits done for professional use.
Find a skincare regimen that works for me.
Find makeup that works for me.
96. Throw a surprise party for someone I love.
Find my signature scent. (Tocca Florence).
98. Make 10 crafts I find off Pinterest.
Start and complete a scrapbook about my abroad experience!.
100. Buy a beautiful, classic, and grown-up wallet.
101. Take a cooking class.