21 April 2014

Saturday Outing: Birmingham Museum of Art








Happy Monday! Since it was Easter this past weekend I had a four day weekend and I was able to travel home to Birmingham, Alabama. I've been lucky to call Birmingham home my whole life and it holds a special place in my heart, although I probably won't live here after graduation. As an art history major I'm ashamed to say I've only been to the Birmingham Museum of Art probably 1 or 2 other times and that was in elementary school. I'm ashamed (only kidding). Anyways, I made a point to venture down there this past Saturday to spend some time in their permanent galleries and see the Delacroix exhibit. And let me say, I was impressed! I saw a beautiful Albert Bierstadt landscape and a John Singer Sergent killer. Not to mention the beautiful Delacroix collection. My art heart sure was happy!

**All photos by me. Also, you're not allowed to take pictures inside so all mine are outside photos as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Brewster's pin on Pinterest.