27 February 2014

Style Icon: Audrey Hepburn


Oh, Audrey.

Isn't she every girls icon at one point? I feel in love with her when I was in the 10th grade approximately. I had heard of Breakfast at Tiffany's and had told everyone I loved her, so I eventually watched her films. The obsession really took hold when I got a short haircut one year and a sweet friend told me I look liked her. I really don't think there is a more flattering compliment out there.
 Back to Audrey: how can you not adore this lovely, endearing, classic, and timeless woman? She oozes elegance on and off screen. Every time I watch Funny Face (a personal favorite) I am envious of her perfect posture and dark eyebrows. But alas, I still wake up every morning hunching over and with dark eyebrows but no perfect face for them to frame.  If I can never decide what to wear, I think: What would Ms. Hepburn do? I reach for my cropped black pixie jeans, flats, and a simple top. As you can see above Audrey's style was perfectly classic, even in her later years. In the future I hope to add the perfect trench and LBD to my collection just like her. And hopefully cut my bangs again.  What are your favorite Audrey moments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Brewster's pin on Pinterest.