06 February 2014

How much is too much?

Do you ever find yourself constantly checking your phone, computer, email, etc.? I know I do. I spend way too much time on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Even though I love Instagram for all the pretty pictures, it can be addictive in all the wrong ways. Todays world has become saturated with technology. Our everyday lives are dictated by texts and phone calls. There have been a couple weekends where I've gone places without cell service or couldn't have my phone. The response from friends was scary! They didn't understand why I wasn't responding immediately. When did it become this way? I long for days when I don't have to use my phone constantly and actually enjoy those the most. I'm hoping to do a technology detox soon (part of my 101 in 1001 list, actually) and stop the use of my phone at around 8 pm ever night for a week. But is that even possible? Only time will tell. I was inspired by this post on the Every Girl and Leandra Medine's insightful commentary

Instead, why don't you write someone a sweet letter. And since its Valentine's Day coming up there's no better time to tell someone you love them.

Here are some precious options:


Left to right:
12
34




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Brewster's pin on Pinterest.