24 July 2014

Inspiration





"Here are some God-given, time-test truth that define the way you should navigate your life. Observe them and enjoy secure passage. Ignore them and crash against the ragged  rocks of reality:

Love God more than you fear hell.
Make major decisions in a cemetery.
When no one is watching, live as if someone is.
Succeed at home first.
Don't spend tomorrow's money today.
Pray twice as much as you fret.
God has forgiven you; you'd be wise to do the same."

I stumbled across this last night in my devotional book, Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado. For some reason (aka a God reason) these struck me really hard. This is such an easy way to look at living life as a Christian. There are obviously many other facets to our daily life and the choices we make, but the first one: Love God. Love him more than anything else and more than you fear anything else. I could go on and on. I'm experiencing a season of limbo, as I like to call it: I know what I believe but have the hardest time living it out daily. Today I pray that these truths with resonate fully in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Brewster's pin on Pinterest.